Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Attraction Review: Peter Pan's Flight (Magic Kingdom)

Sticking to the theme of Peter Pan's Flight, I am proud to present my review of Peter Pan's Flight. I have not experienced the Disneyland version, so I am basing this on my own experience at the Magic Kingdom.

First Impressions:
The building outside of the ride is very pretty, but it did not amaze me like the Haunted Mansion or Splash Mountain did. The first thing I noticed about the ride was the wait time, for it was up from 90 minutes. I remember thinking, for a wait like that, it must be fantastic… I was right. 60 days before hand I reserved a Fastpass+, so I did not have to wait.

The Queue:
Because of my Fastpass+, I was not able to view the newly renovated queue. Therefore I have no first hand experience of the queue. From my experience of the you-tubes, it does look rather astonishing. In this queue there is interactivity with shadows, and you can view Tinker Bell making inanimate objects spring into action. For my next trip I will make it a priority to get there early to see the interactive queue.


The Galleons:
On first sight I was amazed at these gorgeous galleons. I thought that the unique flags would block the view, than I sat down and realized that the flag was positioned perfectly to view. My favorite feature of the tiny ships is there ability to "fly". The effect was very seamless and I was astonished.




The Nursery Scene:
The first scene of the ride was nothing to gawk about. It was not very detailed by Disney standards. It was composed of Wendy looking over the boys in their beds. I was not astonished, and so far I was not impressed by the ride. Then I entered the London scene.

Flying Over London:
This scene was by far my favorite of all in the ride. The beginning of the scene has you flying over buildings that keep getting smaller and smaller. You then fly over the lit up city of London. What I liked about the lighting was how electric and full of life everything was. One trick the Imagineers used was forced perspective. What appeared to have you 400 feet in the air, only held you at 17 feet. This trick was pulled seamlessly in the cartoonish style of the mini buildings. You pass the Tower Bridge, St. Paul's Cathedral, and finally Big Ben. Each of which was lit up and full of electric personality. 





Neverland:
I do not remember all of the details of Neverland, but I loved the luminescent glow of all of its inhabitants. I loved the detail in the mountains and the waterfalls. The mermaids were a bit small, but lovely in their glowing colors. The Indians were very tiny, so I did not get a very good look at them. The boat scene was not too detailed, but detailed enough to see what was happening. I loved Pan and Hook brawling it out with the tick-tock-crock waiting down below. I was impressed by this scene and I was delighted by the codfish (Hook) in the finale.

Overall Impressions:
I LOVED <3 this ride! While it was short and not worth a 90 minute wait, I highly recommend a Fastpass+ to any classic Disney fan. The lighting and flying effects worked very well. While there was not a large story, I very much enjoyed flying from scene to scene. 9/10!


2 comments:

  1. Seems just the ride that I would like, being nausea-prone and fascinated by perceptual illusions. Did you like the movie, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog Margaret. This is a wonderful attraction for people of all ages/demographics (thrill seeker, children, etc.). I loved the movie, for it was a staple in my household while I grew up. I hope to see you at school, and please continue reading. I also think your blog is very well written. I will see you at school!

      Delete